Bring home to Killaloe, County Clare the O'Brien and Dalcasian Clan Gathering for 2014
with over 700,000 O'Brien's in the United States alone that have traced their roots to Brian Ború
from Killaloe, County Clare.
The O'Brien name is very prominent throughout the world, which only gives Brian Ború more
credence to his legacy. This reunion of those bearing the O'Brien name will not only find the
roots of their ancestors, but will connect with the people in the area of their birth, and will have a
memory of Ireland as the birthplace of their ancestors for a lifetime.
We are also including the Dal Cais Tribes of Quinn, McNamara, and O'Dea and many others..
To see what the O'Brien's have organised for 2014 follow this link: www.obrienclan.com
|We will continue to update this page for a list of events that will happen for the 2014
celebrations, so please be sure to check back here or visit our social media pages on
Facebook and Twitter.
|© Brian Ború 2014 - Killaloe/Ballina Community Project
Events in Killaloe/Ballina to include:
April 11, 2014 – April 13, 2014
- New Year's Eve Events in Killaloe/Ballina: 31 December, 2013 - 1 January, 2014
- The Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in Killaloe/Ballina: 15-17 March, 2014
- Kincora Traditional Weekend: 4-6 April. 2014
- Millennium Commemorations of Brian Ború & the Battle of Clontarf
- Killaloe Music Festival: 14-15 April, 2014
- Easter Weekend "Welcome to the Vikings": 15-20 April, 2014
- April 23rd commemoration of the death of High King Brian Ború
- Killaloe Pink Ribbon Walk: 4 June, 2014
- The Summer Annual Féile Brian Ború, Thursday-Sunday, 3-6 July, 2014
- October 2014 (10/14) Celebrations
- Conclusive New Year's Eve Celebrations: 31 December, 2014 - 1 January, 2015
The State Apartments of Dublin Castle have been reserved for the O’Brien Clan on
Wednesday, April 23 2014 for a reception and banquet commemorating the
millennium of the Battle of Clontarf, and death of High King Brian Ború.
Read more here: O'Brien Clan Banquet
The Very Reverend Dermot Dunne, Dean of the historic 11th century Christ Church
Cathedral in Dublin, Ireland, has confirmed in communications with representatives of the O’
Brien Clan Foundation, that he will host an interdenominational service to commemorate the
millennium of the Battle of Clontarf, and death of High King Brian Boru on the morning of the 23
Cashel events will take place over the weekend Thursday-Sunday, 24-27 April 2014.
The events include:
- Concerts on Thursday (Titanic Concert), Friday (Country Music) and Saturday (Highlight)
- An Academic Conference is to be held on Friday and Saturday
- A Community Pageant and "Coronation" of Brian Ború on Sunday
|We claim all copyrights to our ideas, photos, and content through 2014.